- See more at: http://bloggerhow.com/blogger/how-to-implement-twitter-cards-on-bloggerblogspot-blogs/#sthash.mDSLssnM.dpuf

Monday 23 September 2013

Insanity Week 8

Day 57 - Monday 23rd September 2013

The final week of Insanity and I am still alive - just! So this is it...After working out 6 days a week for over 57 days, what are the results? Would I recommend it? Was it worth it? What next? Read more to find out the insane conclusion?




"Max Interval Plyo"starts the week and it is a mean workout with lots of jumps and pushups! My knees are still aching away and I'm hoping I won't regret this when i'm older! I think it is fair to say that my fitness has improved significantly as I find some of these exercises so much easier than my first attempts! The exercises that nearly destroyed me are now bearable and I know that I can do them. "Level 3 drills" and "jumping from pushup to standing" spring to mind!

Due to other commitments it is going to be difficult to fit in the workouts Tue and Wed, but this is the final week so I am going to see what I can do. I might leave the final measurements and "after" photo until Sunday - the final day!

Day 58 - Tuesday 24th September 2013

Not ideal, but I attempted to do today's workout in a hotel room. I had to rearrange the furniture to make some floor space and make do with opening the window as far open as possible. It's a 45 minute workout, which was not great news for the guests below! Due to the lack of floor space and lack of air it was difficult to get into this workout. I'm a bit dissapointed with how it went, but it's the best I could do given the situation. I also had to skip cardio abs due other plans. Being anti social for 45 minutes in my hotel room was enough! I have a long day tomorrow and doubt I will be able to do insanity. 

Day 59 - Wednesday 25th September 2013

Due to being stuck on a train I will have to miss Insanity today and Man United v Liverpool. Bad timing! Not the best way to finish the final week, but back to the schedule tomorrow. I might as well enjoy this rest and journey!

Day 60 - Thursday 26th September 2013

"Core Cardio & Balance" -
A short (35 minute) exercise that is a good workout, with lots of cardio drills. Having had a break from Insanity yesterday, I felt quite fresh and welcomed the shorter workout.

 

Day 61 - Friday 27th September 2013

"Max Interval Plyo"
I have renamed today Fifa 14 Friday, so in all fairness I saw today's workout as something to just get out the way.  Knowing that Insanity ends on Sunday really helped - now was the time to push hard.

 

Day 62 - Saturday 28th September 2013

"Max Cardio Conditioning" & "Cardio Abs"

The name Max Cardio gives you a clue, but this workout makes you work hard!
After slogging it out for Max Cardio Conditioning, I decided to skip Cardio Abs due to running late when we had something planned for the day.

 

Day 63 - Sunday 29th September 2013

"Fit Test"
Having decided to pass on a 10k run today, that I like to do every year - it was simply a case of give the fitness test everything and then Insanity is over. Today is the day I can compare the "before and after" photos and details!

Having learnt from the last fitness test, I opened all the windows and put the fan on full. The fitness test can make you struggle for air! The warm out seemed to fly by and then it was time....

So on the day I was keen for this to be my best fitness test to date. I pushed quite hard but had to accommodate my aching knees! I found myself focusing on equalling last times results then carrying on if time allowed! I'm glad there are some longer breaks following the tougher exercises, otherwise I simply wouldn't get my breath back! I could tell I was doing well after recording each result, but as you are dripping in sweat you don't have the ability or time to think about the results!

So in summary of the final fitness test....

During the switch kicks it feels as though I am doing the can can! It can be tough keeping count! IPower Jacks are not very kind to my knee's, so i'm could probably do better at another time.

I think "Power Knees" are a signature Insanity move, not the biggest increase since day 1 - but you only have 60 seconds!

"Power Jumps" is a great but tough exercise. I am really impressed with my improvement. I found the trick was to do sets of 8-10, take 3 or 4 breaths then carry on. It's great to have almost trippled my performance!

It takes a lot of effort to get through "Globe jumps" and just to match last times score.


"Suicide Jumps" is one of the exercises I dreaded when I first started Insanity. I can now say that I quiet enjoy the challenge, I am much much stronger and almost have a technique!

"Push Up Jacks" I'm slightly dissapointed that i didn't match or beat the previous fitness test, but by this point I had to dig deep and remember to breathe, resisting the temptation to stop for a break!

"Low Plank Obl" quite a big improvement in this area, but not quite as good as last time. By this point I was gasping for breath in a heap on the floor!

There is then a cool down and before you know it that's it! After 63 days it is all over! I felt a welcomed sense of achievement and in need of a well deserved rest!


Insanity Summary [coming soon]

Was it worth it?

Weight

Fitness Levels

What is next?

No comments:

Post a Comment